The USS Ford came home to a hero's welcome. Sailors had been away from home for nearly a year, through two conflicts, a fire and problems with the sewage system.
-
At Tuesday night's meeting, the Las Cruces Public School Board of Education voted unanimously to rename César Chávez Elementary to Desert Bloom Elementary.
-
There have been over 120 dust events that have caused 21 deaths in the corridor since 2012.
-
KRWG Public Media is covering contested races around the region ahead of the June 2nd primary. KRWG’s Abigail Salas spoke with Samantha Barncastle, who is a Republican candidate for Doña Ana County Commissioner in District 1.
-
Seven Cabins Fire Update: Containment has increased due to hard work by air and ground firefighters.Seamless coordination between night and day crews has strengthened firefighting efforts, allowing crews to build on each other’s progress and increase containment to 15%.
-
Three people are dead and more than a dozen first responders had to be quarantined and assessed Wednesday for possible exposure to an unidentified substance after being called to a suspected drug overdose.
-
Indigenous leaders say that in the Trump administration's rush to build border walls, contractors are desecrating Native American sacred places and cultural sites at an unprecedented pace, more than 170 years after the international boundary split the territories of dozens of tribes.
-
The Seven Cabins Fire has exploded to over 12,500 acres as of Monday morning.
-
New Mexico produces more oil than any other state besides Texas, and the state's revenue from taxes, royalties and lease sales helps cover the cost of college tuition, all school meals, health insurance and a new initiative for free universal child care.
-
The suspect began shooting at posted officers, who returned fire and hit the shooter, the Secret Service said. A bystander was also shot, a law enforcement official said, but it's unclear by whom.
-
Mungiu took home the prestigious Palme D'Or for his film Fjord, a culture-war drama set in Norway.
-
President Trump announced the unfinalized deal on social media after talks with Israel and other allies. It aims to end the war and includes two-month negotiations on Iran's nuclear program.
-
Three months since the start of its conflict with Iran, the Trump administration is oscillating between strike threats and diplomatic overtures. Neither path has yielded a clear resolution.