The memorial gathering is scheduled for 7 p.m. on Wednesday, August 14, 2019. It will be held at Southwest University Park in downtown and will be simulcast live at three satellite locations – the Convention Center and Cleveland Square Park both in downtown, and at Ponder Park, at 7500 W.H. Burges Drive.
Here is a statement from the Paso del Norte Community Foundation: “El Paso is resilient and our region is going to come together to show that we will not be defined by this act of violence, but rather by our outpouring of love,” Mayor Dee Margo said. “This memorial gathering will allow our entire region to unite in support of those injured, and mourn those who have lost their lives.”
»WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE SERVICE
- Starts at 7 p.m. Wednesday, August 14, 2019, at four locations.
- Doors open at 6 p.m. at Southwest University Park, located at Franklin Avenue and Santa Fe Street. The public should arrive no more than one hour prior to doors opening. The memorial program will be simulcast live at three satellite sites to provide enough space to accommodate all who wish to participate.
- Live simulcast at: the Convention Center, located at Santa Fe Street and San Antonio Avenue; at Cleveland Square Park, located at Santa Fe Street and Franklin Avenue; and at Ponder Park, located at 7500 W.H. Burges Drive.
- Event is open to the public, free of charge, and tickets are not required.
- Free parking will be provided at all metered parking spaces and at parking garages located in Uptown and Downtown. The following parking garages and lots will offer free parking: Glory Road Transit Terminal, the Convention Center, the Union Plaza Transit Terminal, Mills Building Garage, 122 Kansas Parking Garage, Wells Fargo Parking Garage, the Surface Lot at 401 Mesa (across from San Jacinto Plaza), and the Surface Lot at 415 Mesa (behind Stewart Title).
- At Ponder Park, the public may park in nearby on-street parking spaces, and at Sun Metro’s Eastside Terminal Parking lot, at 1165 Sunmount Drive.
- Learn more by visiting elpasotexas.gov and clicking on the El Paso Strong banner.