Donate Your Car

What happens when I donate my vehicle?
When you make a donation your vehicle is resold at an auto auction, and the proceeds go to KRWG. 

What can I donate?
KRWG accepts cars, trucks, motorcycles, and recreational vehicles. When you make a donation your vehicle is resold at auction or to a salvage company. The proceeds of the sale go to KRWG. Most vehicles are accepted unless they are heavily damaged. The KRWG Vehicle Donation program accepts automobile donations in the KRWG viewing area. 

Are vehicle donations tax-deductible?
Yes, your donation qualifies as a charitable deduction on your federal income tax return.

Do I have to live in Las Cruces or the surrounding area to donate my vehicle?
No, we'll arrange to have your car picked up wherever you live.

How do I donate a vehicle?
Call toll-free (877)-308-2408 or link to:

Have ready:

  • The title to your vehicle
  • Location of your vehicle
  • General condition of your vehicle

This information assists the tow company in scheduling appropriate towing arrangements. 

My vehicle does not run. Can I still donate it?
The location and the condition of your vehicle determine whether it can be accepted for resale. 

Will you pick up my vehicle?
KRWG will send a tow truck to pick up your vehicle.

The driver will need:

  • the keys
  • the title
  • your signature authorizing the tow

A tow receipt will be given to you by the driver verifying that your vehicle was received on behalf of KRWG. 

How do I estimate the value of my vehicle?
The IRS allows you to take a charitable tax deduction on your federal income tax form for the fair market value of your donated vehicle. The condition of your vehicle affects the fair market value.

Take a look at these free publications:
Kelley Blue Book
Use estimate to substantiate fair market value

NADA Guides
Use estimate to substantiate fair market value of your classic car or recreational vehicle.

"Determining the Value of Donated Property" 
IRS Publication 561 - How to determine the value of your donation

If the fair market value of the vehicle is $5000 or greater you must file the IRS Form 8283 with your tax return. Access the form on the IRS Forms Site.

To donate a vehicle or for more information, call: Vehicles for Charity