Most Active Stories
KRWG.ORG-The Region's Home Page
Wed December 19, 2012
Winter Storm Affects Area Roads
Law enforcement is asking motorists to proceed with EXTREME caution as you make your travels through southern New Mexico due to high winds with blowing dust, which is creating very low visibility in various sections along our roadways. Currently I-10 in Dona Ana county has reported visibility down to 10 yards between mm 115-116, which could pose dangerous driving conditions.
· NM-11 Deming area: Northbound and southbound from mm 25 – 33 is reporting low visibility due to blowing dust. Traveling is discouraged at this time.
· US 180 Deming area: Is reporting blowing dust with low visibility from mm 157 – 164, proceed with caution. Traveling is discouraged at this time.
· NM-90 Lordsburg to Silver City: Wet roadway with slick condition are being reported between mm 10-25. Motorists traveling this area are encouraged to reduce speed and proceed with caution.
· NM-152 Hillsboro area: Roadway conditions are being reported with light snow between mm 28-35. Motorists are encouraged to proceed with caution as temperatures drop and icy conditions increase.
· NM-15 Silver City area: Roadway has icy patches between mm 35-14. Please proceed with caution.